Interica supplies sophisticated information management software and consultancy services to blue chip customers. We are looking to recruit a Solutions Engineer with experience in the Oil and Gas industry to join our UK Professional Services team. The role is based at our Uckfield office and will involve the delivery of technical presales, solution implementation, consultancy, user support and training to our clients.
You will be confident in your technical, customer facing and team collaboration skills; be passionate about delivering quality and supporting customers and colleagues; consider yourself an expert in your field; able to quickly pick up new technologies and have a desire to push boundaries.
This role will give you the platform to advance your career, contribute and grow in a small global company and travel the world.
• System analysis and design to estimate and propose solutions in conjunction with the sales team
• Deliver remote and onsite services to customers (this will involve overseas travel); implementing new solutions (which could involve scripting), upgrading/maintaining existing solutions, delivering training and consultancy services.
• Provide support to Interica’s customers for new and existing solutions
• Work with Product Development to report defects and to test and apply fixes for your customer’s solutions
• Liaising with Sales, Product Management and Development to define and refine customer requirements.
• Collaborate with your peers and mentor junior team members as necessary to improve knowledge, infrastructure, processes and skill levels across the team and business.
• Understand the challenges and opportunities facing the business and show initiative when finding solutions to problems.
• Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Science, Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years related experience
• Excellent communication, organisational, written and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical, methodological and problem-solving skills.
o Filesystems and data storage; CIFS, NFS, Tape, Object/Blob storage
o Windows, Linux and Unix systems
o Databases; SQL Server, Oracle, Hibernate and H2
o Application servers, internet services and associated protocols.
o Scripting; ideally Groovy.
o Geophysical and geological software packages (OpenWorks R5000, Paradigm, Petrel, Kingdom, etc.)
o Meet deadlines without compromising quality or functionality
o Handle multiple competing priorities and adapt in an Agile organisation
o Pick new technologies, work independently or as part of a team
o Express ideas to a creative team and the business
o Apply new perspectives on existing solutions to solve complex problems
o Make decisions within guidelines and policies that impact a range of customer, operational, process or project activities
o Develop work plans for assignments of moderate to high complexity
o Work with customers and the business to achieve results and deliver the best solution
Ideally experience in/with
o Oil and Gas industry
o Data Management
We work with the right attitude, we go where we need to, work until the job is done and support our customers as and when required.
How to Apply
Hit the ‘Apply now’ button below and attach your CV with a covering letter to us.